10 useful hacks for your dogs at home
1. If you have a hard time brushing your dog’s teeth, squeeze some enzymatic doggie toothpaste onto a Nylon bone or rope toy and let your pooch go to town on it.
2. Got a lot of reading to do? Here’s how to read and play with your dog at the same time:
Put a rope toy around your foot.
3. Use baking soda to get dog urine out of carpet.
Pour some baking soda over the spot, let it sit, and then sweep or vacuum it up.
4. Put a ball in your dog’s food bowl if he or she eats too fast.
They’ll be forced to move the ball around to get to all the food.
5. Use a shower cap to rinse dogs off in the bathtub without getting water and soap in their ears or eyes.
6. Dilute your dog shampoo to make it last longer and easier to apply.
Fill the bottom of an empty shampoo bottle about ¼ inch. Fill up the rest slowly with warm water.
7. Print out and keep this handy chart of what foods your dog should NOT be given.
8. For easy tick removal, apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball and swab the tick with the cotton ball for a few seconds.
The tick should come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you remove it.
9. An inexpensive and easy summer treat for dogs: Cut up apples in chicken broth and freeze in an ice cube tray.
10. Read your dog’s body language.